The following is the recent RFP distributed to various institutions and labs.
Research Goals and Invitation: Friends of FSH Research exists to encourage, promote and fund increased scientific and clinical research of Facioscapulohumeral Dystrophy (FSHD) to help advance the study and understanding of the disease, with the goals of identifying treatments and, ultimately, a cure. We invite you to submit a proposal for research that advances these goals.
Duration and Budget: Currently, we have $100,000 available for new research to be performed in the coming year, and we will entertain one or more proposals with cumulative budgets that do not exceed that amount. Additional funding may be available in subsequent years for meritorious multiyear proposals.
Form of Submission:Please submit proposals via e-mail or e-mail attachment and include
- Project title. A concise title.
- Budget. A brief outline of your proposed budget. We do not fund institutional overhead.
- Scientific Abstract. In one page or less, describe your proposal for a professional audience. This abstract will not be made public.
- Lay Abstract. In one page or less, describe your proposal in non-technical language. If funded, we will publish the lay abstract.
- Biographical Sketch. A brief biographical sketch of key personnel.
- More Detailed Information. Your proposal should be brief. If we make a preliminary decision to fund, we will solicit more information.
- Contact Information. Your phone number, e-mail address, postal address and website, if applicable.
Review Criteria: Successful proposals will explain how the research will advance our goals of ultimately finding treatments and a cure for FSHD. The research must be rigorously designed to maximize the probability of achieving reproducible results. Other factors that favor funding are: a showing that this work will not be done timely if we do not fund it; and, a showing that our funding will induce others to fund FSHD research. Proposals will be reviewed by our Scientific Advisory Board. Funding is not guaranteed.
Deadlines: Please submit your proposal to Friends of FSH Research at email@example.com no later than June 1, 2013. Proposals received after that date may not be considered. Please consider this to be a preliminary proposal; we will request more information in a detailed proposal if we are interested in funding the research.
Friends of FSH Research
217 19th Place
Kirkland, WA 98033-4903
See Grants History for a history of grants awarded by Friends of FSH Research.
See Apply for a Grant Page for more information.